Payroll – Manual and computerised QQI Level 5 (6N4005)
The Payroll Module is delivered in two parts
- Manual Payroll : Payroll terms & frequencies, tax credits, standard cut offs, cumulative ,emergency and temporary tax systems, cumulative tax deductions/emergency/temporary tax deduction form, calculating gross pay & tax liability, PRSI & income levies, statutory documents P45/60/30/35 .
- Computerised Payroll: using SAGE. Includes entering company details, setting a payroll period entering employee details, standard cut offs ,base codes for PRSI, salary details, processing payroll, editing employee data, printing employee reports, printing statutory documents, updating records, saving data password protection.
Do you want to;
- Pursue a career in Accounting or Finance? / Want to move up in your current role?
- Be able to understand and do your own payroll and accounts?
- Or simply update your skills and broaden your mind, and gain the recognised QQI certificate?
- Give yourself the skills to gain an edge?
The learner on completion of the course will be able to operate a payroll system both manually and on the Sage Quick pay system – a widely used and popular accounting programme. The learner will also understand and calculate Payroll PAYE, PRSI, employer’s responsibilities and liabilities and complete the necessary revenue returns, manually and using the Sage programme.
- Understand the concepts of the PAYE taxation system.
- Accurately calculate & process payroll including.
- Gross pay/ Net pay
- Tax credits
- Employers & Employees PRSI contributions
- temporary taxation system & refunds
- Complete Tax Deduction cards.
- Install the Sage Quick Pay system.
- Create & input employee details.
- Process weekly payroll.
- Additions & Deductions & tax implications.
- Weekly reports.
- Pay slips.
- Payment transactions including bank payment files.
- Submitting statutory documentation accurately including P45, P60’s, P30’s, P35’s
Upon successful completion participants will receive a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Manual and Computerised Payroll (5N1546)
QQI accredited course means that students gain an Internationally Recognised Qualification.
Details on how to Enrol – Click Here for Enrolment.